Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Words from Michael Jordan

The Olympics are over. Most people in TV and film are taking vacation before the fall season starts. Fall films, full of adult situations and deep meanings will start airing in September, after studios clear out the last of their action films, like The Expendables 2. Now is a good time for you to assess your projects. Are they ready to pitch? What work remains to be done? Have you set aside time in your day devoted to creating content so you can continually improve your work? There are four and a half months left before the end of the year. Plan to finish a project a month until the end of the year, and you'll have four projects to pitch starting in January. You may not do everything perfectly the first time. No one does. Keep going. To encourage you I leave you with some words from Michael Jordan, two time Olympic gold medal winner and still considered by many to be the greatest basketball player in history: “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan, gold medalist in basketball in 1992 and 1984

No comments:

Post a Comment